Request to URL: "http://api.education.com/service/service.php?sn=sf&f=schoolSearch&key=65f5fef47d17f7562c88128cae993b11&resf=xml&city=Sterling&state=VA" failed. Response code: 500
Sterling, Virginia is a census-designated place in Loudoun County, Virginia. It is located northwest of Herndon, east of Ashburn, and west of Great Falls, and includes part of Dulles International Airport and the former AOL corporate headquarters. Sterling is also home to the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office, as well as the Sterling Field Support Center, the National Weather Service test, research, and evaluation center for weather instruments.
Claude Moore Park occupies 357 acres in Sterling and offers activities for people of all ages, with three main areas. Claude Moore Recreation Center contains an Olympic-size indoor pool, a children’s pool with water features, an exercise area, gymnasium, and several event and meeting rooms. Sterling offers the following parks and clubs as recreational areas: Algonkian Regional Park, Dulles Golf Center & Sports Park, Sterling Park Golf Swim & Tennis Club.
- Broad Run Farms, a residential area north of Virginia State Route 7 and 28 that features unique to the region, including large lots, highly wooded old-growth trees, a wide variety of housing.
- Cascades, a 2500 acre planned city made up of approximately 6500 homes.
- Countryside, a housing development in Sterling that consists of 2,539 homes, which includes 1,269 single-family homes, 1,168 town homes, and 102 condominium units. Countryside contains a shopping center Countryside Marketplace.
- Dulles, an unincorporated census-designated place located in Loudoun County.
- Lowes Island is an advertised portion of the legal subdivision of Cascades. Almost 50% of the Lowes Island geography is taken up with the club grounds and a golf course.
- Potomac Falls is an unincorporated census-designated place also located in Loudoun County. It borders Great Falls and Fairfax County to the southeast and has several shopping areas, schools, and city centers.
- Sterling Park is a portion of Sterling that contains a variety of businesses, churches, parks, a city center, a semi-private golf club featuring two pools and tennis courts, and schools.
- Sugarland Run is a portion of Sterling. The housing around Sugarland Elementary School consists of town homes, apartments and single-family homes, while the housing around Meadowland Elementary is predominately single-family homes. It is one of the few cities in the area with contemporary style houses.
There are no schools near by this property.