“Be honest and tell it like it is....always give 100%”
Aldie is an unincorporated village located on the John Mosby Highway between Gilbert’s Corner and Middleburg in Loudoun County, Virginia. It is located in a gap between the Catoctin Mountain and Bull Run Mountain, through which the Little River flows.
Aldie’s beginnings were laid in 1765 when James and George Mercer established a mill at the location of the present historic edifice. By 1811 a post office had been established in the village. Two years later, the Ashby’s Gap Turnpike was completed from Aldie to Middleburg, and in 1818 the Snickersville Turnpike opened, replacing the Mountain Road.
The town hosts two annual festivals: in May, the Treasures on the Turnpike, and in October, the Harvest Festival. Aldie has three sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This includes the Aldie Mill Historic District, which includes the Aldie Mill and other historical buildings, the Loudoun Agricultural and Mechanical Institute, and the Mount Zion Baptist Church.
There are no schools near by this property.